Pharmaceutical Waste Online Course 1: Impact of Pharmaceuticals on the Environment
Designed for pharmacists, this self-paced, knowledge-based course will explore the issues of pharmaceuticals and the environment.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Explain the issue of pharmaceuticals and the environment
a. Define the context of the issue
- Recognize how pharmaceuticals get into the environment
- Define the life cycle of pharmaceuticals
a. Describe five parts to the life cycle of pharmaceuticals
- Differentiate ways to mitigate or reduce waste throughout the life cycle
- Delineate the role of hospital pharmacists within the context of this issue
a. Identify the various roles for hospital pharmacists
b. Classify some actions that can be taken within these roles
- Illustrate what hospital pharmacists can do to help with this issue
a. Identify at least 3 strategies for waste minimization and source reduction within personal activities and work activities
Release date: March 1, 2013.