Green Build Series: Energy & Water Benchmarking for Hospitals
Energy benchmarking tools keep evolving, and water is an increasingly precious resource that also merits analysis. Checking your patterns of consumption and comparing them with those of your peers in the healthcare industry can provide invaluable insight, and spark ideas for money-saving improvements. Using information from Grumman/Butkus Associates' annual healthcare benchmarking survey, Doyle will discuss typical usage patterns and provide methods for improving your facility's performance, including retro-commissioning.
- Learn about available tools for benchmarking healthcare facilities.
- Learn results of an annual healthcare facilities benchmarking survey encompassing more than 100 healthcare sites, including both energy and water use.
- Examine typical resource usage patterns for healthcare facilities.
- Learn how retro-commissioning can dovetail with benchmarking to improve the sustainability of healthcare facilities.
Dan Doyle, Grumman/Butkus Associates, Chairman
Daniel L. Doyle, P.E., LEED AP O+M, held the position of President of Grumman/Butkus Associates, an energy efficiency consulting and sustainable design engineering firm, from 2000 until 2013. He is now Chairman of the firm, responsible for general management, marketing, and recruiting. He is also the principal-in-charge for numerous designs and studies. Dan's 30-year-plus career has focused on energy conservation and efficiency improvements in new and existing buildings, especially energy-intensive and mission critical facilities such as laboratories, hospitals, data centers, and specialized manufacturing facilities. Dan has received awards from organizations such as the American Society of Heating, Refrigeration, and Air-Conditioning Engineers and the U.S. Department of Energy for energy-conservation retrofits in existing buildings and for green building design. He is a board member of the International Institute for Sustainable Laboratories.Dan holds a BSME from the University of Illinois.
Member: $0 Non-member: $29
- Standard Fee - $29
- Practice Greenhealth Member - Free!
- Practice Greenhealth Subscriber - Free!