Sharing Call: Achieving beyond the Healthier Food Challenge - Stanford Health Care’s food transformation story
Recorded On: 10/07/2015
- Learn more about the revisions, both updates and refinement of inclusions and exclusions, of the Healthier Food Challenge of the Healthier Hospitals program.
- Understand the thresholds required for Practice Greenhealth Environmental Excellence Awards program for Less Meat, Better Meat and Local and Sustainable Food Purchasing.
- Learn who to engage internally to efficiently make the transition while establishing goals and annual measures for a successful program
- Learn best practices for working with your food suppliers and food service management companies to source and track your purchases.
- Learn examples of how to promote the healthier, sustainable food changes in your hospital.
Helen Wirth, Administrative Director, Hospitality, Stanford Health Care
Helen Wirth hails from our nation's capital and has been with Stanford since 2013. Helen has been in food services management and hospitality her entire career, starting with her formal education as a Registered Dietitian. She has served in academic medical centers, community hospitals, and also founded a successful retail food business. Helen partners with Jesse Ziff Cool of Flea Street to lead the Stanford Health Care food transformation initiative. Promoting clean and sensible food options, the initiative is transforming the food experience for the Stanford Community - patients, staff and visitors alike. The program is committed to fresh, simple, unprocessed, antibiotic/hormone free meats & dairy, sustainable seafood, support of local farms, increased vegetarian offerings, and consumer education.
This is a member-only event.