Pharmaceutical waste: The latest from DEA and EPA
Practice Greenhealth worked with experts and stakeholders to create a brief guidance document and decision tree to help lead health care organizations through the proper and legal return or disposal of controlled substances. Join us to review the document and examine the impact of the recently released EPA hazardous waste pharmaceutical regulations on future management of controlled substance returns and wastage. Bring questions for expert guidance on managing this challenging waste stream while maintaining a safe and secure environment for staff, patients, and visitors.
Webinar participants will:
- Review the steps of Practice Greenhealth’s guidance to help health care facilities and providers through the legal management of controlled substances that are no longer needed.
- Understand the change in DEA and EPA regulatory status of a controlled substance that is in inventory versus dispensed.
- Learn about the EPA’s new hazardous waste pharmaceuticals rule and how and when it will impact controlled substance wastage and returns.
Charlotte A. Smith, RPh
Senior Regulatory Advisor, PharmEcology Services, WM Sustainability Services
Smith founded PharmEcology Associates, LLC, in 2000 and sold the company to Waste Management in 2009, where she now works as senior regulatory advisor. She co-founded Capital Returns, Inc., a nationally known pharmaceutical reverse distributor in 1991 and for 10 years served as president and chief regulatory advisor. Smith is a registered pharmacist and a member of the Pharmacy Society of Wisconsin and the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists.
- Standard Fee - Free!
- Practice Greenhealth Member - Free!
- Practice Greenhealth Subscriber - Free!