Pharmaceutical Waste Online Course 3: Pharmaceuticals in the Environment - Blueprint for Change
Designed for pharmacists, this self-paced, knowledge-based course will provide an overview of pharmaceuticals in the environment and why this is an issue.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe an overview of pharmaceuticals in the environment and why this is an issue
- Review of categories of pharmaceuticals and waste management
- Identify at least three management options for reducing waste
- Describe several options for implementing ways to reduce hospital pharmaceutical waste
- Explain key concepts for patient education for reducing pharmaceutical waste by the public
- Explicate more “up-stream" approaches and potential implementation options
Release date: March 1, 2013.