How HealthPartners engages leadership, board
Recorded On: 01/11/2018
Active engagement and support from an organization’s senior leadership and board of directors is vital to the long-term success of any sustainability program.
- When sustainability programming goals connect with overarching strategic goals, sustainability programming has the greatest return on efforts, including cost savings, staff engagement, environmental improvement, and community benefit. Learn practical tips to garner the endorsement by senior leadership and the board of directors. Discuss how a successful sustainability program begins, the tactics it takes to open the door for discussion, and how to ultimately get the approval to proceed.
- The sustainability program will need to periodically report to both the senior leadership and the board of directors. The presenters will discuss the data tracking, storytelling, and reporting, including advice on the style of materials presented.
- Feedback is a great form of engagement. Learn about the feedback loop during the reporting process with the senior leadership and the board of directors in order to continually enhance culture and the sustainability program. Hear how leadership input has supported further maturing of the programs, created a stronger tie to mission, and ultimately improved the health of the communities.
- The presenters will discuss what data is used to communicate to various stakeholders that have an interest in the sustainability program’s success. Learn how they use stories to personalize data to capture value and ROI.
Standard Price: $79
Practice Greenhealth Member: Free
Practice Greenhealth Subscriber: Free
Senior Vice President and General Counsel, HealthPartners
As the Senior Vice President and General Counsel for HealthPartners, Ms. Tretheway is responsible for providing comprehensive legal advice and direction to the management and governance of HealthPartners and its affiliated entities. She also is responsible for managing the legal, clinical and enterprise risk management programs, business continuity planning, and sustainability programs of the organization.
Ms. Tretheway earned a Doctor of Law from University of Wisconsin Law School. Prior to joining HealthPartners, Tretheway practiced law at Gray, Plant, Mooty, Mooty and Bennett, P.A. in Minneapolis. She is a member of the American Bar Association, Minnesota State Bar Association, Wisconsin State Bar Association, and the American Health Lawyers Association. She is a member of the board of directors of Martins Point Health Care in Portland, Maine and the Overseas Cooperative Development Council in Washington, D.C.
Janet Howard (Moderator)
Director, Member Engagement and Healthier Hospitals, Practice Greenhealth
Janet Howard leads the facility member engagement team and the Healthier Hospitals program. The team provides fresh content, educational support and technical assistance to Practice Greenhealth facility members and Healthier Hospitals enrollees. Recent projects include the Employee Engagement Toolkit and fresh content on Materials/Wastes, Engaged Leadership and the new Less Food to Landfill goal and toolkit.
The Member Engagement team works together to help organizations recognize the link between sustainability programming and quality, patient experience and performance excellence. Janet's angle is around empowerment and the belief that every person deserves a safe, healthy and respectful environment.
With Iqbal Mian, Janet developed a strategic deployment consult offering at Practice Greenhealth. The day-long program facilitates the facility or system's vision, mission, goals and elevator speeches for sustainability programming in alignment with overall strategic organizational goals. This senior level engagement results in strategic deployment and optimizes programmatic success.
Janet pioneered sustainability in health care from 1991-2004 for Continuum Health Partners in New York City. She is a frequent writer on health care sustainability issues for outlets like Greenbiz, CSR Wire and Health Care Design Magazine. Read Janet’s columns on her LinkedIn profile.
Email: email@example.com (T): 866.598.2110
- Standard Fee - $79
- Practice Greenhealth Member - Free!
- Practice Greenhealth Subscriber - Free!