Data 101 Series: Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Emissions Data Tracking and Goal Setting
Recorded On: 12/13/2017
One of the most complex pages to our awards program is the Climate page. Many health systems do not yet understand how to utilize tools such as ENERGY STAR Portfolio manager to track their Scope 1 and 2 emissions, and only 22% of award applicants reported doing a GHG audit as part of a baseline process.
Join us to learn more about how to start tracking GHG emissions to create a baseline and available resources to help do your work. Daniel Kreeger, the Executive Director with the Association of Climate Change Officers, will share how other sectors have tackled this, and then Lauren Koch will review the different scopes, how to find the necessary data, and share examples of how other health systems have set goals toward GHG reduction.
- Educate Practice Greenhealth membership on how to fill out the GHG table on the award application.
- Learn about existing resources to help you track this complex data set.
- Learn why reducing GHGs are important to meeting the mission of health, and how to sell that to your leadership.
Standard Fee: $79
Practice Greenhealth Member: Free
Practice Greenhealth Subscriber: Free
Lauren Koch, MENR (Moderator)
Health Care Without Harm Climate and Health associate director
Lauren Koch, MA, MENR, holds a dual masters in environment and natural resources/public policy and administration from Ohio State University and is the associate director for Health Care Without Harm’s Climate and Health program with a focus on mitigation and resilience initiatives.
Executive Director, Association of Climate Change Officers
- Standard Fee - $79
- Practice Greenhealth Member - Free!
- Practice Greenhealth Subscriber - Free!